HTML5 Data Bindings Support Product Page

Under investigation

Can't get search to work with HTML Data Bindings

Reported 14 Jan 2014 22:46:19
has this problem
14 Jan 2014 22:46:19 Steve Skinner posted:
I've set up a simple test page on one of my customer sites and was learning how to use the HTML Data Bindings.
www.dyeableshoestore.com/sandbox/test1.asp?

It was all going so well until I tried to integrate a search filter. I followed these instructions:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8faKxwJUQY

I've checked and double-checked my settings and everything looks right according to the tutorial video but the search query filter doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

Replied 14 Jan 2014 23:40:56
14 Jan 2014 23:40:56 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello,
the issue on your page is that you are using a submit button... which when clicked is reloading your page and the search field goes empty. please use a simple button, not a submit one. You also do not need a form tag around the input.
Replied 14 Jan 2014 23:55:44
14 Jan 2014 23:55:44 Steve Skinner replied:
Awesome! That did the trick. Thanks!

I was also trying the search field without the button, and using the onChange event on the text field, but that wasn't working. I saw something about that somewhere else here on the site. Do you recall how to get the search results as you type (without the button)?

Also, I noticed that while the search does a good 'contains' type search, you can't use complex searches like two different words that exist in the same field (unless you type it in exactly the same). Is there a way to enhance the search to do a contains type search with more than one search word?

Reply to this topic