CSS Image Gallery Support Product Page

Improve macOS search

Asked 02 Aug 2023 09:31:36
has this question
02 Aug 2023 09:31:36 Costa Plohov posted:
Hey there, everyone! I'm on a quest to discover essential search features and methods that can help us find files, applications, and information more efficiently on macOS. Spotlight, the built-in search tool, has already caught my attention with its ability to find files in a snap and launch applications swiftly. But I'm eager to take it to the next level with advanced search techniques! If you have any tips or insights to share, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Replies

Replied 02 Aug 2023 09:37:00
02 Aug 2023 09:37:00 Alex Koh replied:
Hello! If you're seeking to supercharge your macOS search, look no further than Commander One thetechhacker.com/2018/02/21/commander-one-review/! Alongside Spotlight, this all-in-one file manager offers advanced search features that will take your efficiency to new heights. With dual-panel navigation, customizable hotkeys, and a built-in Terminal emulator, Commander One simplifies file exploration and management. Embrace this powerful tool, and you'll discover a whole new level of efficiency while searching on macOS.
Replied 02 Aug 2023 16:11:34
02 Aug 2023 16:11:34 Marian Hunter replied:
Hello! Spotlight is indeed a fantastic starting point for efficient searches on macOS. To up your game, consider mastering Boolean operators like AND, OR, NOT, to refine searches. Also, learn to use specific file attributes (e.g., kindDF) for targeted results. For power users, leveraging Terminal commands like 'find' can yield precise outcomes. Lastly, exploring third-party apps like Alfred and HoudahSpot can unlock even more search possibilities. Happy hunting and discovering!

Reply to this topic