Forums

This topic is locked

login restrict page access dreamweaver

Posted 02 Oct 2008 16:15:41
has voted
02 Oct 2008 16:15:41 Harry Van Kuyk posted:
I set up a login page, user/password (MySQL) to limit access to managers to a restricted page on our company intranet. The login page works correctly but I noticed that the restricted page can be accessed directly by entering the URL.
So I used the "restrict access to page" server behavior to eliminate this problem and direct users to the login page. I set up an "access" field in MySQL using "manager" to restrict access to the managers page.
This works when directly using the URL but now the user/password doesn't work on the login page. Every time I use a correct user/password it keeps directing back to the login page and now can't access the restricted page.
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004, Apache 2.2.9, MySQL 5.0.67, PHP 5.2.6

Replies

Replied 06 Oct 2008 15:03:32
06 Oct 2008 15:03:32 attoumani sharly replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I set up a login page, user/password (MySQL) to limit access to managers to a restricted page on our company intranet. The login page works correctly but I noticed that the restricted page can be accessed directly by entering the URL.
So I used the "restrict access to page" server behavior to eliminate this problem and direct users to the login page. I set up an "access" field in MySQL using "manager" to restrict access to the managers page.
This works when directly using the URL but now the user/password doesn't work on the login page. Every time I use a correct user/password it keeps directing back to the login page and now can't access the restricted page.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 06 Oct 2008 15:12:45
06 Oct 2008 15:12:45 attoumani sharly replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Sorry for my first post in this forum,
Ok I already reach the same problem like yours and this problem can be solved by activate the register_globals = Off (by default configuration) to register_globals = On in the php.ini file.
You can find this file under the folder conf_files in easyphp for example.
Try again and good luck !
Replied 06 Oct 2008 15:54:55
06 Oct 2008 15:54:55 Harry Van Kuyk replied:
Thanks
This solved the problem. I had triple checked the procedures I used to set up login and restrict access and figured it had to be in the PHP programming but didn't know where to go from there.
Thanks again.

Reply to this topic