Forums

This topic is locked

Can you validate multiple rows?

Posted 04 Sep 2008 17:51:02
has voted
04 Sep 2008 17:51:02 john henderson posted:
Hi,
I wonder if some one can help me? I am not even sure that I am in the right forum, but here goes...

I am using DW, PHP, MYSQl etc, etc, I have a form that displays a number of rows depending on the search criteria. These rows can be ammended/updated and then the user submits the page.

What I have been trying to do for a number of days is add validation to this page without any success! I am now trying to use javascript and that is causing more issues than I ever thought. Has anyone ever come accross this before? I am sure that this is not unique to me alone.

I will be happy to show you the web page, if you think you can help me

Thanks

John Henderson

Replies

Replied 09 Sep 2008 19:46:30
09 Sep 2008 19:46:30 Alan C replied:
Hi,
I've not that exact thing, but something a bit like it. The problem I came up against was that the textbox names on the form were all the same, by that I mean that for each record there was an instance of name or something like that. What I had to do was put in some php to concatenate a line number to the name, can't remember the exact details, but it was something along those lines.

Then when all the data was received back at the server it had to be sorted out to update the appropriate rows

Hope that helps

Reply to this topic