Forums

This topic is locked

Automatic resizing of the screen question

Posted 27 Aug 2008 21:42:31
has voted
27 Aug 2008 21:42:31 jason prunest posted:
I built my site in Adobe Photoshop. I then sliced it and used those slices as my web site (basic HTML page). The problem that I am having is that the pages no longer automatic re-size to different screen resolutions. Is there a setting that will help in getting my site to re-size?

Replies

Replied 28 Aug 2008 20:18:48
28 Aug 2008 20:18:48 Alan C replied:
I appreciate why you have done it that way, but . . . [apologies in advance for what I am about to say]

you have hit one of the snags, it's hard to change the size, another is that the search engines will only 'see' an image, they will not see the text etc that is in the image, so you will not get the visits that you ought to.

I know this is a pain, but suggest checking out css and how to make fluid pages, it really is a big investment in time and effort but it pays off
Replied 28 Aug 2008 20:31:14
28 Aug 2008 20:31:14 jason prunest replied:
Since this is a web site that I am building only for two reasons....family to view and for me to learn how to build one....I am not to worried about search engines. BUT...now that you have suggested CSS, I will go that route. This is a great experience and I am having a great time learning and building it. Thank you for your information.

-J
Replied 30 Aug 2008 13:27:34
30 Aug 2008 13:27:34 Alan C replied:
Great stuff - sounds like you are on the right track - it's worth checking out content management systems too, like Joomla or possible Wordpress.

Joomla takes a lot of getting used to, but once you have it running it's very easy to add new articles etc

Reply to this topic