Forums

This topic is locked

Login failure on line but ok on localhost

Posted 13 Aug 2008 01:07:51
has voted
13 Aug 2008 01:07:51 john henderson posted:
Hi,

I have had a good look round but can not find the answer to this. I have set up my website on my localhost as well as on a server. All of a sudden I can no longer login to the website on the server (Your password does not allow you to view this page ), yet I can still login on the localhost. I have checked the database fields and they appear fine. The only way that I can get into the system online is by removing the 'Restrict access to page' server behaviour. This was a fully working page I know that I made a few changes to the page, but why would it work on the localhost and not the server.

thanks

john henderson

Replies

Replied 13 Aug 2008 08:23:18
13 Aug 2008 08:23:18 Javier Castro replied:
what are you using to do this, ASP or PHP. Also, did you check if the values assigned to your user are the same on the localhost as on the remote?

Javier
"I'm a slow learner and I forget fast" grandpa
DW | FW | ASP | HTML | CSS
Replied 17 Aug 2008 20:45:20
17 Aug 2008 20:45:20 john henderson replied:
hi Javier,

I spent a lot of time on this, I use php and mysql. My conclusion was the installation of a number of extensions were adding additional code to the working page rendering it unaccessable. This was I believe the adobe extension toolkit, which I unfortunately installed into dreamweaver. Lucky for me I have incremental backups and found a working version of the page, so am back on track again.

Thanks for responding

john henderson

Reply to this topic