Forums

This topic is locked

Form validation

Posted 03 Jun 2008 15:28:16
has voted
03 Jun 2008 15:28:16 sue viney posted:
wonder if someone can assist.

Need to create a form into which user enters specific code (say sue123) and then upon hitting 'go' an .html page is displayed.

Now, this I can do, however, I want to add validation - i.e. if a person enters something other than sue123 it produces an error message by way probably of pop up to advise incorrect code entered.

I currently have the action attached to the 'go' button. i.e. enter code, press go and get URL. So, at the moment it doesn't matter what you enter in the box, you get the URL.

I ultimately want to move to a selection of codes (say three) and each one produces a different URL but would settle for sorting above out first.

I had thought that the JIK extension would solve so any help would be appreciated.

Sue

Replies

Replied 04 Jun 2008 10:55:58
04 Jun 2008 10:55:58 Alan C replied:
Hi Sue
Check out formtogo, it's an application that builds form validation for you, pc and mac versions, I've used both and they do work well, you can specify ranges for validation.

If you need to be very specific about what is being accepted, like the example, then you might have to write your own

Reply to this topic