Forums

This topic is locked

JavaScript Errors on Load

Posted 23 Apr 2008 17:40:16
has voted
23 Apr 2008 17:40:16 Chris Wells posted:
Hi folks,

I have an iMac with a fresh install of Leopard on it and I'm trying to run Dreamweaver 8 (part of Studio 8) on it but I keep getting error messages on load:

'The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
Unable to open the script file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Macromedia Dreamweaver 8:Configuration:Shared:MM:Scripts:Cmn:UI.js" (error 2).'

When I try to open a document:

'The following translators were not loaded due to errors:
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
Unable to open the script file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Macromedia Dreamweaver 8:Configuration:Translators:TransData.js" (error 2).
Unable to open the script file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Macromedia Dreamweaver 8:Configuration:Translators:TransData.js" (error 2).
Unable to open the script file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Macromedia Dreamweaver 8:Configuration:Translators:TransData.js" (error 2).'

(Appears in 5 dialog boxes)

And when I try to paste anything in to an open file:

'While executing DWShortcuts_HTMLSource_Paste command in menus.xml, the following javaScript error(s) occurred:
TypeError: MM.event has no properties'

With the first two errors, when I click 'OK' they go away and continue on, but the third one will not continue to paste when I click 'OK'.

I have installed it 3 times now, removing any settings completely from 'Library' for the computer and from my user.

Please can someone out there help as I seem to be developing a bald spot at the top of my head because of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - chriswells on 24 Apr 2008 16:19:32

Reply to this topic