Forums

This topic is locked

Any way to pass only selected parameters??

Posted 23 Mar 2008 13:12:24
has voted
23 Mar 2008 13:12:24 Daniel Harris posted:
Hi,

What I want to do is pass the username that somebody enters as a parameter...However if I use the method GET on my login form it also sends through the users password in the URL

Is there any way I can login a user and then pass through their username, and keep passing this every time they load a page until they log out? Either that, or ideally I would like to allow them to login, then look at their userid associated with the successful login and pass that to each page.

It would be better to use the userid if I am honest. My login page works successfully, just that there is no way to pass through the id of the user (they do not enter the userid themselves, just username and password).

I read about session variables and thought they might be the answer but they dont seem to do anything when I add one from the server behaviours panel.

By the way I am using ASP and all of my application code has been genereated by dreamweaver, I am not coding this by hand. I could do though if some modifications need to be made to the generated code.

Reply to this topic