Forums

This topic is locked

Halo template problems

Posted 10 Mar 2008 22:39:36
has voted
10 Mar 2008 22:39:36 Christine T posted:
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. I started building my site (MX 2004) from the Halo Left Nav template. Lots of stuff I didn't need and deleted, including some CSS styles. I also renamed the CSS and have tailored it quite a bit to my liking. My site is very close to publishing, yet I'm getting line errors when viewing in a browser that lead back to the scripting language for the halo effects of the globalLinks. I'm very new to scripting, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. I've renumbered my glinks and accompanying menuitem numbers, changed the var numberofitems to correspond, etc., but am still having problems. I don't have subglobals anymore (didn't need them) and deleted those CSS styles as well, but there is reference in the script to subglobal; could this be part of the problem?

Obviously, if I delete the scripts at the top and bottom of my code and at each globalLink, I will lose that cool effect of the halo, correct?

Any suggestions on what to do or where to go next? Grrr...

Replies

Replied 10 Mar 2008 23:25:12
10 Mar 2008 23:25:12 Christine T replied:
HaHa! Cured my own problem! The built-in scripting had to do with the subglobalNav elements only. Since I'm not using the subglobalNav elements and deleted them, I could delete all scripting pertaining to them. The cool mouseover effect is in the CSS class style entitled "glink", not the scripting. I'm good!!

Reply to this topic