Forums

This topic is locked

flash in dreamweaver cs3 template problem

Posted 24 Feb 2008 17:29:13
has voted
24 Feb 2008 17:29:13 Laurita Romero posted:
I finished a site using templates and everything was ok, until I decided to change the .jpg of my site's header, for a .swf file. So I've change a simple picture for flash, and it doesn't work, In the browser preview (mozilla and Explorer) you just see a white space where is supposed to be the swf, it's not loading.
I think it has a problem when you add a swf to a template after you have created it. Anyone can tell me what is going on and if there's a way to solve it?
thanks a lot<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'><font size=4></font id=size4>

Replies

Replied 11 Mar 2008 16:00:45
11 Mar 2008 16:00:45 linda foote replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I finished a site using templates and everything was ok, until I decided to change the .jpg of my site's header, for a .swf file. So I've change a simple picture for flash, and it doesn't work, In the browser preview (mozilla and Explorer) you just see a white space where is supposed to be the swf, it's not loading.
I think it has a problem when you add a swf to a template after you have created it. Anyone can tell me what is going on and if there's a way to solve it?
thanks a lot<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'><font size=4></font id=size4>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I have a similar problem with templates causing flash to show up white or be just completely gone when viewing in a browser, and this is only after a change has been made to a template. The work around that I found, although it is not a solution by far, is to break the page from the template and reapply it to the pages created by the template. This to me defeats the purpose of even having a template. I do wish there was a better solution.

Reply to this topic