Forums

This topic is locked

Help with Dreamweaver Form

Posted 15 Feb 2008 17:41:46
has voted
15 Feb 2008 17:41:46 bobby boo posted:
Hello,

I am trying to make a form in Dreamweaver that has some fields that I will type in to. Example: Altitude. The user would type in altitude, after the user hits output all I want is what he typed in the form to be outputed into a text layer on the same page so they can just copy and paste. Is there any examples I can see on how to set something up like this?

Thanks for your time,

Edited by - boodaddy on 15 Feb 2008 17:44:41

Replies

Replied 16 Feb 2008 12:06:44
16 Feb 2008 12:06:44 Alan C replied:
HI
I think there would be two different approaches to this - javascript that runs on the page and a php script that runs on the server - you might get better solutions from others though . . .

my js is not brilliant, but you might be able to read the text and then transfer it to the textbox all on the page without sending it to the server

I would send all the client input back to the server where I could pick it up from the $_POST array, then do a bit of checking on it before putting into the initial value of a multi-line text box and sending it back to the browser, hope that makes sense

getting it into the textbox would look something like this (this is a single line)

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code> &lt;input name="medium" type="text" id="medium&gt;" value="&lt;?php echo $something_to_output ?&gt;" /&gt;
</font id=code></pre id=code>

and the textbox would need to be within a form

Reply to this topic