Forums

This topic is locked

Problem with sidebar from a beginner

Posted 12 Feb 2008 16:59:43
has voted
12 Feb 2008 16:59:43 Carmen S posted:
My organization enlisted the help of a college student to create a webpage, since I really didn't have the time to complete it. (I'm a graphic designer by education and an administrative assistant at my current job.) Her instructor taught them to create the page in Photoshop and then slice it to place it in Dreamweaver. This is something I have never done.

Now that we have our page out on the web, the sidebar is dropping down to the center of the text in the main block. I'm at a loss. I have looked at the template and the code, but I'm not that great at reading code. I don't want to redo the entire site. The webpage url is www.nirha.com.

Admittedly, I haven't used Dreamweaver a lot, but I have used other webpage design programs. I'm at a loss regarding why this is happening. I would appreciate any help that I can get. Let me know if there is any code you would like to see.

Thank you so much.

Carmen

Replies

Replied 12 Feb 2008 20:45:34
12 Feb 2008 20:45:34 Javier Castro replied:
I'm not clear what your problem is. I viewed your site and I see that on page Public Housing the menu disapears. That seems to be due to the path to the images corresponding to the menu. Or is it that the content is centered, rather than left aligned?

Javier
"I'm a slow learner and I forget fast" grandpa
DW | FW | ASP | HTML | CSS
Replied 12 Feb 2008 21:36:15
12 Feb 2008 21:36:15 Carmen S replied:
The menu doesn't really disappear; it sits in the middle of the page. That is my problem. It's only happening on pages where the content is longer than the original template, like on the public housing and rental listing pages.

The problem is only occurring in web browsers. When I look at the page on Dreamweaver, the menu sits where it is supposed to.

I wish I knew more about how the template was made, but I don't. I have worked with the template to try to fix it all and ended up making the problems worse.
Replied 15 Feb 2008 17:18:23
15 Feb 2008 17:18:23 Carmen S replied:
I have found the answer to fixing the problem. Thanks for the help.

Reply to this topic