Forums

This topic is locked

site looks diferent in same browser diferent pc

Posted 17 Jan 2008 19:25:06
has voted
17 Jan 2008 19:25:06 Alex alex posted:
Hello, my site is styled with css, and im having a problem, i have a font im using which is styled to my pages, and when i was looking at IE7, and on one computer it looks the way it supposed to , and on another computer using the same operating system, the same pixel width and height, and the same browser, the font looks thinner, im not sure why its doing this, please help, at first i found an answer saying that if you install Microsoft Office 2003, it installs certain fonts into the computer, so maybe that computer didnt support the font, but i installes Office 2003, and nothing so im not sure why it looks diferent, any suggestions?
Thank You

Replies

Replied 18 Jan 2008 16:10:42
18 Jan 2008 16:10:42 Javier Castro replied:
Perhaps, the problem is not the computer itself but the monitor that probably is different. Did you check that? screen resolution, color qualiy? Is it the font the only problem/ what about the layout itself, div spacing image placement?

Cheers,
J.
Replied 19 Jan 2008 14:05:37
19 Jan 2008 14:05:37 Alan C replied:
Hi,
also, make sure you use a list of fonts, like arial, helvetica, sans-serif so pc users will get arial and mac users helvetica in case they don't have arial installed.
I find the same problem while testing as I develop on mac, I never cease to be surprised at the differences between rendering between computers, browsers and screens

Reply to this topic