Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

ASP Upload 2.21 not working on an upload page

Posted 11 Jan 2008 15:18:20
has voted
11 Jan 2008 15:18:20 Gareth Tannatt Nash posted:
Hi I get the following error when i try and apply the ASP Upload 2.21 extension behaviour to an update page -

"You haven't specified a value for the file upload field named "xxx". You can do so by selecting the field and choosing an appropriate binding from the "Bindings" panel."

I'm building an ASP VBScript site using Dreamweaver CS3 on a Windows Vista Home Premium workstation. I previously used this extension with MX2004, but due to the way CS3 writes recordsets MX2004 isn't able to make any sense of the code.

Any ideas how I can get this extension to work on CS3?

Thank you

Replies

Replied 22 Jan 2008 15:51:11
22 Jan 2008 15:51:11 George Petrov replied:
Hi Gareth,

As you are having an Update record Server behavior on the same page, Pure ASP Upload needs to know the previous value of the image field before updating it (so it isn't thrown away if the user doesn't upload a file).

So to populate your file upload field with the current uploaded file name, just do so as you will do with any other field from your form - bind it to a recordset field.

So just select the file upload field, go to the Bindings panel, select from your recordset the field that gets the file upload field value and click on bind.

That is all.

Greetings,
George

PS. I will make sure this gets to the FAQ's and future updates of the manual as it wasn't very clear indeed.

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
--------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic