Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Doing math with ASP complicated Problem.

Posted 25 Nov 2007 08:05:56
has voted
25 Nov 2007 08:05:56 James Long posted:
First let me state....I'm a complete noob to ASP. I've been working on a website for about 4 weeks.

I have prior web page experience....many years ago.

I have picked up on some of it.....but I have a task, I'm not sure about. But I'll post the problem here....and see where it goes.

I want to do pricing calculations using a form. I have a table in my database that has 2 fields that create the pricing for the service. It has the amount of widgets vs minimum or price per knob. The minimum(and price per knob) changes according to the widget order amount.

For example....... 2 widgets with 3 knobs has a minimum price, but if the customer wants 4 knobs the priced increases.
4 widgets with 3 knobs has a different mimimum price, but if the customer wants 4 knobs the prices increases (also different from above). There are also 2 checkbox fields that also modify the price, one lowers the total by 10% the other increases the total by $45.00

Because I want my customer to know the price of their item (minus shipping) before doing the work, I would like to automate this as much as possible. This does not have to change on the fly (live total).......it would be nice....but I'm not going to go to flash. I just don't have time right now.

I'm just not sure how to do it. I'm not an Access person either.....so if someone is interested in jumping in and helping a noob, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

James L
Edited by - propellanttech on 25 Nov 2007 08:07:31

Edited by - propellanttech on 25 Nov 2007 08:09:02

Reply to this topic