Forums

This topic is locked

Page Counter

Posted 28 Jun 2001 15:01:06
has voted
28 Jun 2001 15:01:06 Kent Steelman posted:
I am looking for a page hit counter that is easy to insert into DW/UD. I am working on on of the early versions of the software and I am a novice. Where can I find a page hit counter and is there one that is WYSIWYG or do I need to insert the code directly into HTML. Additional information, I typically use ASP

Wm. Kent Steelman

Replies

Replied 29 Jun 2001 18:13:18
29 Jun 2001 18:13:18 Waldo Smeets replied:
www.UDzone.com/go?836

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
------------------------------------------
Replied 30 Jun 2001 16:29:25
30 Jun 2001 16:29:25 Kent Steelman replied:
Waldo,

I read that tutorial, but that is specifically for the record(s) in a database table. I want one for a page (e.g., home page) a counter that rolls up to the next number when a person visits the site.

Kent<font color=red></font id=red>

Wm. Kent Steelman
Replied 30 Jun 2001 16:53:09
30 Jun 2001 16:53:09 Viktor Farcic replied:
Just create table with one field in which you will store number of visits. After that insert on your first page command that will update that field whenever page is called (FieldName = FieldName + 1).

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Waldo,

I read that tutorial, but that is specifically for the record(s) in a database table. I want one for a page (e.g., home page) a counter that rolls up to the next number when a person visits the site.

Wm. Kent Steelman
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 01 Jul 2001 14:06:51
01 Jul 2001 14:06:51 Kent Steelman replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Just create table with one field in which you will store number of visits. After that insert on your first page command that will update that field whenever page is called (FieldName = FieldName + 1).

Waldo,

Wm. Kent Steelman
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Wm. Kent Steelman
Replied 01 Jul 2001 14:07:33
01 Jul 2001 14:07:33 Kent Steelman replied:
Thanks for clarifing... I will give it a try

Kent

Waldo,

Wm. Kent Steelman

Wm. Kent Steelman

Reply to this topic