Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Issues with PHP Version Update (5.2.2 to 5.2.4)

Posted 04 Oct 2007 14:38:57
has voted
04 Oct 2007 14:38:57 graham mcbride posted:
I have been developing a details update page for our clientbase to change their details in response to an email. This follows a very simple principle that they click on a php link with parameter, view their details, apply changes and submit them using the button.

I designed a basic version of this a few weeks ago, and wandered off to develop other things. Last night I went to implement the page, and found that rather than submit the changes and send you to the thank-you page, no update happens and you are just presented with the same page and same original data agin.

I quickly designed a simple page using Dreamweaver Update Server Wizard, and that too does not work. Other problems have also appeared, such as the 'Virtual' command (inserted by Dreamweaver) not being recognised.

My hosts advise me that yesterday our server was updated from PHP 5.2.2 to 5.2.4, and that if I require "any modules" installing they will be happy to do this.

Having only just learnt php coding, I am now desperately trying to find out about this side of it, but our project is already overdue and I'm in a bit of a panic.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to start getting my code working again, or even better say "ah, that one... that's this..", please?

I can supply any information to help, I just don't know where to start. as it is still encompassed by 5.2.x surely there can have been no major syntax changes... can there...? :0

Many thanks in advance.

G

Edited by - GrayZone on 04 Oct 2007 14:42:10

Reply to this topic