Forums

This topic is locked

DW MySQL PHP connection problem

Posted 03 Jul 2007 04:22:24
has voted
03 Jul 2007 04:22:24 Dallas Moore posted:
I've been using DW MX and DW CS3 to create data applications (MySQL & PHP). I have never had previous problems. Today, when I tried to add a recordset or connect to my MySQL db I kept getting "***No Tables Found." And Now I can't even test the connection. It says " an unidentified error has occured" every time I try to test the connection.

I have gone as far as reinstalling DW CS3 but I'm recieving the same error. I'm thinking that maybe a setting has changed to cause this. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Replies

Replied 03 Jul 2007 07:01:41
03 Jul 2007 07:01:41 Dallas Moore replied:
Nevermind. I was able to fix the issue by defining a new site and just copying the web page files over. It must have either been a configuration on the site definition or something wrong with my mmServerscripts.
Replied 23 Oct 2007 08:52:13
23 Oct 2007 08:52:13 Conley Meyer replied:
Hi All.
Had a similar problem, but based on advice above I created a NEW Connection script, and that also worked.
ciao

Conley Chirstiaan Bean Meyer
Replied 06 Dec 2007 21:58:19
06 Dec 2007 21:58:19 Billy Martinez replied:
I had this problem too and what we discovered was that Dreamweaver doesn't play well with virtual folders. In my case we were attempting to connect to a DB and the host directory was set to /www/website. The web server only used www as a virtual folder. We needed to put the actual physical folder address (in our case it was /public_html/website). Once that change was made it worked!
I hope this helps.

Reply to this topic