Forums

This topic is locked

putting layer on top of flash on home page

Posted 10 Jun 2007 04:56:20
has voted
10 Jun 2007 04:56:20 kristen boffo posted:
I have created a "drop down menu" off of one of my navigation buttons using the "show/hide" behaviors options in Dreamweaver. Everything works fine HOWEVER, NOW my client wants me to add a little flash animation on the home page but, now when I added the flash, it covers my drop down menu. I have tried making layers and changing the orders to make the drop down menu come to the FRONT etc. and it still covers the drop down menu. It works fine if I just use a regular image but, as soon as I change the image to a FLASH FILE it automatically pushes it to the top of the page and covers up my drop down menu.... PLEASE HELP... I am not THAT great with Dreamweaver but do know the basics. I just have NEVER done this before so I have no idea how to do it. .... Can anyone help?

Replies

Replied 11 Jun 2008 19:59:25
11 Jun 2008 19:59:25 Jeff Wood replied:
I have the same issue, surely there is someone out there that knows how to do it.
Thanks
Replied 12 Jun 2008 10:56:26
12 Jun 2008 10:56:26 Alan C replied:
Hi guys,
I don't have the answer to this, but have a similar problem with slimbox, when it opens up a larger image my menus run over the top of the image so they obscure part of the image. I tried changing the z index for the layers but this did not cure it.

I guess there may be a problem knowing how large the animation is, so when it appears it's in a fixed position in the window, that seems to be what's happening in my case.

thinking aloud now and letting my mind wander a little, could there be a way to put the animation into an iframe then position that on the page, maybe putting it into a division in the css then adding a float or margin, perhaps absolute positioning?

Sorry it's not a solution but it might stimulate a bit more discussion :-0

Reply to this topic