Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver MX / PHP / MySQL Communication Error

Posted 25 May 2007 16:11:26
has voted
25 May 2007 16:11:26 Richard Woolgar posted:
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>Hi,&lt;p&gt;I'm in the process of uploading my fist MySQL database to the server online. &lt;p&gt;
Dreamweaver MX - PHP 4.3.11 - MySQL 5.0.27 - PHPmyAdmin 2.10.1-rc1&lt;p&gt;
I have the thing running OK on my test server (localhost) but I am encountering problems with the connection php file.&lt;p&gt;

The error being returned for each page that should connect to the database is:&lt;p&gt;
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../Connections/conn_kwmotorsport.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/homepages/26/d78506664/htdocs/wsc82371783/clients.php</b> on line 1&lt;p&gt;

I have checked with the provider and they agree all connection info is correct.&lt;p&gt;
Connection File text is:&lt;p&gt;
&lt;?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_conn_kwmotorsport = "db911.oneandone.co.uk";
$database_conn_kwmotorsport = "db206050723";
$username_conn_kwmotorsport = "dbo206050723";
$password_conn_kwmotorsport = "hXQXQ7AW";
$conn_kwmotorsport = mysql_pconnect($hostname_conn_kwmotorsport, $username_conn_kwmotorsport, $password_conn_kwmotorsport) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?&gt;&lt;p&gt;
Any help will be greatly appreciated.&lt;p&gt;

Richard.

Replies

Replied 09 Jun 2007 07:00:06
09 Jun 2007 07:00:06 Greta Garberini replied:
<font face='Trebuchet MS'>
Hi,
2 things:
First check if your filename and/ or upper/lowercase is correct (conn_kwmotorsport / Conn_kwmotorsport)
On linux / unix a file "Text" is entirely different from "text". And most ISP webspaces use Linux nowadays.
Second:
Are you sure that the file-content in the Connection subfolder is correctly set for the remote server?
If you have a testing server on your local machine or LAN it is almost certain that connection data to this will differ from the data on your remote server. Maybe you have accidentally overwritten this file because you uploaded your local settings to the remote machine?
Just an idea
</font id='Trebuchet MS'>

Reply to this topic