Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

User Authentication, dynamic select list, multilpl

Posted 26 Feb 2007 23:04:21
has voted
26 Feb 2007 23:04:21 Michael Smith posted:
I am working on a very large dynamic site that was originally created using ASP by another company. I am trying to convert all the dynamic aspects of this site to php code. But I'm having a couple of problems. First off I am using Dreamweaver 8 and server side is Linux Red Hat with php 4.4.4 installed.

now, here's my problem. The original log in consisted of a username and password form with a dynamic select list with these options: administrator, coaches.
There are two administrators that should be sent to a set of pages allowing them to do things like email subscribers, change site pages and so on. The coaches should get logged in to a master detail type page that allows them to edit their "profile", team name, game times and that sort of thing.
I have the admin and coach pages pretty much complete, I just can't send the login form to them...

For the life of me I can't figure out how to make this happen. I'm not very well versed in php, I can read it and understand it but I don't write much more than a basic function or two.

Any ideas on how to make this login system work would be much appreciated. I'm way overdue on the deadline for this project.

Thanks much,
Michael Smith<font size=4></font id=size4><font size=3></font id=size3>

Reply to this topic