Forums

This topic is locked

File Upload field stops insert behaviour working

Posted 05 Feb 2007 06:06:42
has voted
05 Feb 2007 06:06:42 Charles Knight posted:
Not sure whats going on but as soon as I add a file upload field to my form its stops working...the insert record behaviour wont do anything.

If I try removing the file upload field it still dosen't work, I have to replace the whole form to get it back to how it was before I adding the file field.

Anyone have any ideas on whats causing this

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS

Replies

Replied 07 Feb 2007 13:43:59
07 Feb 2007 13:43:59 Charles Knight replied:
Seems the problem was DW8.02 update. Not sure why it caused this particular problem and I'm informed by other DW8.02 users that they are not having any issues...

Anyway had to revert back to DW8.00 which does have a few issues with XP so I am now hoping Adobe bring out DW9 for XP and Vista and we'll allbe happy again....

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 07 Feb 2007 19:31:22
07 Feb 2007 19:31:22 Javier Castro replied:
What stops working, DW? The first thing I'd do would be to re-start my computer. Then start with a clean new page and try to re-create the problem. If it happens again, perhaps, you have to do a clean re-install of DW.
Replied 09 Feb 2007 11:39:44
09 Feb 2007 11:39:44 Charles Knight replied:
Did all that...

What stopped was the ability to add any image upload field to any form

Re-installed DW8 on W2K machine and extensions, all works fine, then did the same on and XP machine, again without the 8.02 update it works fine.

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 30 Aug 2008 01:26:35
30 Aug 2008 01:26:35 scott paccie replied:
I have an answer, but it's with CS3.
Here's the deal, I create a form like so...

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="POST" action="<%=MM_editAction%>">
<input <%If (CStr((Recordset1.Fields.Item("HasSplashPage".Value)) = CStr("True") Then Response.Write("checked=""checked""" : Response.Write(""%> name="HasSplashPage" type="checkbox" id="HasSplashPage" value="True" />
<textarea name="textarea" id="textarea" cols="45" rows="5"><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("SplashPageDescription".Value)%></textarea>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" />
<input type="hidden" name="MM_update" value="form1" />
<input type="hidden" name="MM_recordId" value="<%= Recordset1.Fields.Item("Categories".Value %>" />
</form>

With the form above everything works correctly...then I add a file field and I get this...

<form action="<%=MM_editAction%>" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1" id="form1">
<input <%If (CStr((Recordset1.Fields.Item("HasSplashPage".Value)) = CStr("True") Then Response.Write("checked=""checked""" : Response.Write(""%> name="HasSplashPage" type="checkbox" id="HasSplashPage" value="True" />
<input type="file" name="fileField" id="fileField" />
<textarea name="textarea" id="textarea" cols="45" rows="5"><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("SplashPageDescription".Value)%></textarea>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" />
<input type="hidden" name="MM_update" value="form1" />
<input type="hidden" name="MM_recordId" value="<%= Recordset1.Fields.Item("Categories".Value %>" />
</form>

Note that the form tag has been re-written and enctype="multipart/form-data" has been added to the tag.
At this point the update does not work.
If I remove the enctype="multipart/form-data" from the tag it works again.
If I simply delete the file field it leaves the enctype="multipart/form-data" within the tag.

The point is that enctype="multipart/form-data" is killing the update.
Not sure where to go from here...not sure if you need that part of the tag for any other reason (i.e. PureASP Upload)
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Reply to this topic