Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Pure PHP Upload question on page update

Posted 17 Jan 2007 15:55:08
has voted
17 Jan 2007 15:55:08 rod anderson posted:
I am having some issues with the Pure PHP Upload. When I build my pages in Dreamweaver 8 I am using Dreamweavers built-in application objects for record insertion wizard and record update wizard. The record insertion works well with the php upload. However, if a user needs to come back and modify the record, they are forced to reupload their images again. How can I make the upload page so they don't have to reupload the images? If they don't upload the image that was there is deleted from that record.

Thanks.

Replies

Replied 17 Jan 2007 18:25:23
17 Jan 2007 18:25:23 Roddy Dairion replied:
Is it a database issue?? Well it sounds like it. I've never used php uploads but how about trying to retrieve the path of the image as well. If you're storing it in a database then this should be easy and when you post it make sure you update the field that contains the picture and its path (if u include the path of the pictures as well). Because for the moment it could be updating the picture field with an empty/blank space.
Replied 19 Jan 2007 01:20:37
19 Jan 2007 01:20:37 rod anderson replied:
Thanks for the response. The field required for the Pure PHP Upload is a file field that has the same name as the field that contains the image. Thus probably the reason it is inserting an empty image. So maybe I need to do an if statement of some type.
Replied 19 Jan 2007 10:36:30
19 Jan 2007 10:36:30 Roddy Dairion replied:
Replied 21 Jul 2007 22:43:29
21 Jul 2007 22:43:29 Bill Henderson replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=12079
dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=4539

These topics might help a little bit better.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

LOL - one of these links takes me to an article that says "Bind the image field names to the file objects to make sure an unchanged/un-reupdated image stays in the db"

Then the other link says "This can't be done. Create a separate page for reuploads."

So...which is it?

Thanks

Bill

Reply to this topic