Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Frames to SSI

Posted 11 Jun 2006 18:57:43
has voted
11 Jun 2006 18:57:43 Mark Labordus posted:
I want to change a website from using frames to ssi..

Situation:
mainform.html has 2 includefiles using (php)SSI, search.php and search_result.php.
search.php has a form where search criteria can be given, the result I want to show-up in another part of the page without having to reload the hole page again.. When using frames I can set the target of the form-tag to "frame" but now I want to (re)load search_result.php in the current page using SSI..
Or should I use something else, can CSS play a part in this?

I've searched the web for ours but can't find a solution..

Mark.

Replies

Replied 13 Jun 2006 10:21:13
13 Jun 2006 10:21:13 Roddy Dairion replied:
If you have an include page then, you won't be able to make only 1 include page reload an not the other.
Replied 16 Jun 2006 19:04:47
16 Jun 2006 19:04:47 Mark Labordus replied:
Can you give me some hints on what options I have?
I really want to leave frames but I do want independent (and updatable) pages on ONE page..
I understand SSI is an alternative for including pages, I already do this for a header/footer etc..
But how can I update an individual (sub)page? Reloading the hole thing means I have to resubmit querydata to other pages also, seems to be a little overkill..

Thanks.
Replied 17 Jun 2006 09:44:21
17 Jun 2006 09:44:21 Roddy Dairion replied:
What to you mean by resubmit querydata?? Is it a search page you're creating write??? Then all you have to do is use GET instead of POST. GET will simply retrieve the param parsed in the link.

Reply to this topic