Forums

This topic is locked

Upload not writing to database

Posted 09 Jun 2006 20:35:48
has voted
09 Jun 2006 20:35:48 phillip ilic posted:
Hi

I have changed hosting and now get this error message when i try and upload a photo. The photo uploads to the directory OK and even correctly renames a duplicate photo but does not write to the database (I have set the correct permissions on the db). I have an upload facility for uploading CSS files which works fine

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***************.com\httpdocs\images\IMGP0073.jpg" is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.File.Delete(String path) at _ASP.ResizeImage_aspx.Page_Load(Object s, EventArgs e)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phillip

Edited by - phillip_ilic on 12 Jun 2006 12:01:50

Edited by - phillip_ilic on 12 Jun 2006 12:02:06

Replies

Replied 12 Jun 2006 12:00:46
12 Jun 2006 12:00:46 phillip ilic replied:
I have sorted this problem. It is discussed elsewhere on the forums and relates to a suitable image processor not being installed on the server. My server runs asp.net which is one of the processors that should have dealt with the image processing and for some reason does not. I have installed the DMX own processor which comes with the extension (instructions on what to do in extension's Help) and this fixed the problem. To do this requires root access to the web server which if you do not have your hosting company will - but of course must agree to install the dll file for you - or some other suitable image processor.

Reply to this topic