Forums

This topic is locked

Multi-lingual Support in PAU 2.2?

Posted 01 Jun 2006 10:08:23
has voted
01 Jun 2006 10:08:23 Dan Salter posted:
I am using Pure image upload in Vietnam, where we use UNICODE and encode html with charset=utf-8.

I have a form that uses Javascript to return errors when a user fills it in incorectly. I copy and paste UNICODE Vietnamese translations into my Javascript, and it displays the messages. No problem.

However, there is an upload behavior on the same form. When a user provides an image that's too small, too big, etc. it displays a message - obviously in English. So I opened the incPureUpload.js, and copied in translations in UNICODE for each of the Upload error messages. My problem is that the error messages being generated from the Upload behavior - in incPureUpload.js - are not displaying correctly (uninterpretable gobbledegoop).

Any thoughts???

Replies

Replied 01 Jun 2006 11:19:30
01 Jun 2006 11:19:30 Patrick Woldberg replied:
You should save your file with UTF-8 encoding. Not all editors support it, so make sure you edit the js-file with an editor that supports it.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 01 Jun 2006 11:49:29
01 Jun 2006 11:49:29 Dan Salter replied:
Yes, I use utf-8 encoding for all my HTML with UNICODE, and ordinarily have no problems with javascript messages in UNICODE.

But even from the same UTF-8 encoded page (in which I successfully have javascript alerts giving form input errors in Vietnamese) the errors coming from the incPureUpload.js file are not displaying correctly.

I would assume that javascript alerts in the incPureUpload.js are displayed with encoding that is determined by the page that has requested it - i.e. my upload page, or incPureUpload.asp?. I know that my upload page is encoded correctly because it displays other (non-upload) javascript alerts correctly.

I cannot see how I can change the encoding of the incPureUpload.js. I would have thought this is inhereted from the page that includes it, but seems not to be the case...

Any ideas?

Replied 01 Jun 2006 12:03:43
01 Jun 2006 12:03:43 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Use notepad to edit and then use the SaveAs option to save the file, you can here select that the file must be UTF-8 encoded.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 01 Jun 2006 12:22:15
01 Jun 2006 12:22:15 Dan Salter replied:
Thankyou... Works fine.

Reply to this topic