Forums

This topic is locked

User Login

Posted 20 Jun 2001 10:05:45
has voted
20 Jun 2001 10:05:45 Azlina Salmin posted:
Hi everbody...
I just join this site and it was very helpful as i'm just a beginner in using DU..
I want to ask something about user log in. Is there any easy way to coding (instead of using LOg In authorization in server bbehavior) where we can identify/detect whether the user is a normal user or an admin and after that just redirect it to the different pages according to the user (normal user/admin)..can anyone help...i really appreciate it... TQ

Replies

Replied 20 Jun 2001 22:51:59
20 Jun 2001 22:51:59 Dave Joosten replied:
Hello Aleenz,

I would suggest you use the login server behavior and then add a check point to each page to protect it. Or if the admin user is always on a Fixed IP address you could redirect by IP address. But this is less secure then the user login feature.

I would suggest you read the UltraDev 4 manual, Chapter 10 Building Pages that restrict Access to your site.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi everbody...
I just join this site and it was very helpful as i'm just a beginner in using DU..
I want to ask something about user log in. Is there any easy way to coding (instead of using LOg In authorization in server bbehavior) where we can identify/detect whether the user is a normal user or an admin and after that just redirect it to the different pages according to the user (normal user/admin)..can anyone help...i really appreciate it... TQ
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Dave Joosten
Replied 22 Jun 2001 06:10:16
22 Jun 2001 06:10:16 Azlina Salmin replied:
Hi djoosten..

Thanks for replying my msg..
But i thought u don't understand what i'm asking for..Ok let me explain it in simple word..
- there's two type of user:admin and normal user.
- the user log in (input:username& pword) on the same page.
- after the login success,i want to direct them to particular page .What i mean here is,admin and the normal user have the different pages after they logon..So..the problem is how to detect the user is admin/normal user and redierect them to certain page after the log in is successful? As i knew,in Login Server behavior,we can name the add/url for only one page after the login success...so..can u help me....
i'm desperately in need... TQ
Replied 22 Jun 2001 11:03:22
22 Jun 2001 11:03:22 michael vASS replied:
Hi heres how to do this

1. great a table with the fields (emailaddress Password Level )
2. then use the log in user behaviour and down on the bottom where it says restrict access based on is where you want to select the level field
3. then the page that you want the administrator to log on to you add the restrict access to behaviour.
in that you place what you assigned the user what his level is and then they will be restricted on using that page. unfortunatly if you have many different levels of access you have to enter all of them.

hope this helps you out

Reply to this topic