Forums

This topic is locked

Unusual FTP address and DNS-less databases

Posted 19 Jun 2001 18:00:24
has voted
19 Jun 2001 18:00:24 jon badda posted:
<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'>

OK, two questions...

1st, my FTP server (domainDLX.com) has an unusual FTP address ie. " FTP2.domaindlx.com "
it also has a differnt port assignment from the default port no, they make you use port 22. This is all okay, except i want to work in the Live Data environment and UltraDev fancies itself too important to tell me where the errors are occuring.

I cannot find anywhere within UltraDev to change these options, is there a config file somewhere where i can make UltraDev connect properly??

question 2, domainDLX, like many other free ASP servers, makes you use a DNS-less database connection. Ive found lots of helpful information about how to insert DNS-less connections manually using SQL, but cannot for the life of me find where it is i insert it. (newbie)

In the HTML? if so where...? in a script somewhere?

In the define connection dialog box, ADO (connection via string or something) is where im supposed to a string... but all ive been given is html-esque code.

Im having lots of trouble here, help anyone?

*glances at the advanced ppl's*

Replies

Replied 19 Jun 2001 19:20:52
19 Jun 2001 19:20:52 Dave Joosten replied:
Hello,

You'll find lot's of usefull information on ADO connections right here: www.basic-ultradev.com/articles/ADOConnections/

On your FTP issue i would suggest you use a different FTP program to upload your pages. For example WS_FTP_Pro

Hope i could help you

Dave Joosten
Replied 20 Jun 2001 02:56:47
20 Jun 2001 02:56:47 jon badda replied:

"On your FTP issue i would suggest you use a different FTP program to upload your pages. For example WS_FTP_Pro

Hope i could help you "

Dave Joosten

i already used Bulletproof FTP for all my uploading/downloading needs, but i want to use the live data editing environment...

i just need to be able to define the address properly to connect to, which is impossible (thus far) with the options given.

thanks for the link tho.

Reply to this topic