Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Delete / Update with Multiple Checkbox PHP email?

Posted 29 Mar 2006 23:18:42
has voted
29 Mar 2006 23:18:42 Darren Bovis-Coulter posted:
I have read through this script www.phpeasystep.com/mysqlview.php?id=8 a checkbox delete script
and have managed to get mine working so far. However instead of deleting I am using it to update
some pictures that will be uploaded by the general public, but I want nothing dodgy on the site, so I
have created a page where I display all the images and they have an Activate or Delete Checkbox below
each image. This is all working fine, but now I am stuck what I want to do is send an email to the person
who’s images I reject so they know they need to upload another one.

If you can help me this is my code on the top:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;img src="../../avatars/&lt;?php echo $row_avatar['avatar']; ?&gt;" width="80" height="80" vspace="5" /&gt;

&lt;input name="avemail[]" type="hidden" id="avemail" value="&lt;?php echo $row_email['email']; ?&gt;" /&gt;

&lt;input name="activebox[]" type="checkbox" id="activebox[]" value="&lt;? echo $row_avatar['id']; ?&gt;" /&gt;Activate

&lt;input name="checkbox[]" type="checkbox" id="checkbox[]" value="&lt;? echo $row_avatar['id']; ?&gt;" /&gt;Delete
</font id=code></pre id=code>

As you can see the email address is lifted from a different table, this definitely works as I have displayed
the email under the picture and they are all different.

This is the code at the bottom:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
if($delete){

for($i=0;$i&lt;$count;$i++){

$del_id = $checkbox[$i];

mail ("".$avemail[$i]."","Avatar Removed","We are sorry to inform you that the AVATAR you uploaded was deemed unsuitable by a member of staff.\r\rOur decision on this matter is final please upload another image ","From: "."\r\n";

$sql = "UPDATE phplog_subs_active SET avatar='', avatar_active='Deleted' WHERE id='$del_id'";

$result = mysql_query($sql);
</font id=code></pre id=code>

For some reason it does not want to take any other email address other than the first one, have
I done something completely daft or is there a more sinister mistake.

Edited by - darren264 on 29 Mar 2006 23:20:32

Replies

Replied 30 Mar 2006 11:34:03
30 Mar 2006 11:34:03 Roddy Dairion replied:
copy and paste accordingly thx.

if($delete)
{

//if not declared anywhere please add this
$checkbox=$_POST['checkbox'];
$avemail=$_POST['avemail'];
//up to here

for($i=0;$i&lt;$count($checkbox);$i++)
{
$del_id = $checkbox[$i];
mail ('".$avemail[$i]."',"Avatar Removed","We are sorry to inform you that the AVATAR you uploaded was deemed unsuitable by a member of staff.\r\rOur decision on this matter is final please upload another image ","From: "."\r\n";

$sql = "UPDATE phplog_subs_active SET avatar='&lt;put ur value here&gt;', avatar_active='Deleted' WHERE id='$del_id'";

$result = mysql_query($sql);
}

&lt;input name="&lt;?='avemail[]'?&gt;" type="hidden" id="avemail" value="&lt;?php echo $row_email['email']; ?&gt;" /&gt;

&lt;input name="&lt;?='activebox[]'?&gt;" type="checkbox" id="activebox" value="&lt;? echo $row_avatar['id']; ?&gt;" /&gt;Activate

&lt;input name="&lt;?='checkbox[]'?&gt;" type="checkbox" id="checkbox" value="&lt;? echo $row_avatar['id']; ?&gt;" /&gt;Delete

Edited by - roders22 on 30 Mar 2006 11:34:46

Reply to this topic