Forums

This topic is locked

Auto Increment a field

Posted 19 Jun 2001 14:30:47
has voted
19 Jun 2001 14:30:47 Jacques Roux posted:
Hi
I am working in Ultradev (asp). I have an IDNumber field that I update to make records unique. How can I auto increment the number field to ensure that the same number will not be allocated twice?

I suppose I will have to insert Javascript in the code?

Marius

Replies

Replied 19 Jun 2001 14:47:01
19 Jun 2001 14:47:01 Viktor Farcic replied:
What DB are you using.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi
I am working in Ultradev (asp). I have an IDNumber field that I update to make records unique. How can I auto increment the number field to ensure that the same number will not be allocated twice?

Marius

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 19 Jun 2001 14:57:30
19 Jun 2001 14:57:30 Dark Psycho replied:
If you work with acces just delete the textfield that updates the id and know you cant edit it and it will stay also when you insert a new thing in your db dont lett them fill in the id themselves acces will do it automatacly hope i helped you

Replied 19 Jun 2001 15:14:19
19 Jun 2001 15:14:19 Jacques Roux replied:
I am using Clarion for Win ver 5.5 database.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
What DB are you using.

Hi

Marius

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic