Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Passing Variables from body of an Email

Posted 10 Feb 2006 06:23:01
has voted
10 Feb 2006 06:23:01 B D posted:
I have a basic newsletter script (vlist lite) that sends either text or html based emails. Included in each email at the bottom is a link to an unsubscribe page where the user will enter their email. I would prefer to have the email link automatically pass the email along to a page where it's displayed and the user simply confirms the deletion (eliminating the need to enter the email in a search box). Any ideas?

thanks!

DMX | PHP | SQL

Replies

Replied 12 Feb 2006 19:42:16
12 Feb 2006 19:42:16 B D replied:
OR - does anyone know of a free php newsletter script that provides an unsubscribe link (in the newsletter) with a unique ID - so the end user doesn't have to enter a form to unsubscribe?

DMX | PHP | SQL
Replied 13 Feb 2006 19:42:53
13 Feb 2006 19:42:53 Roddy Dairion replied:
Hi Brandon,
I had the same problem, with my email script. What you have to do is send the link through to the email involved along with the id created when the user joined. Then when the user click on this page it will send that link with the user id onto you delete page where it will welcome the user (confirming that it is him / her). Then when the user click on delete / unsubscribe it will just know exactly who to delete off this page.

Reply to this topic