Forums

This topic is locked

UD4 blocks access databse

Posted 15 Jun 2001 18:27:14
has voted
15 Jun 2001 18:27:14 Tom Ka posted:
<font face='Arial Black'>Hi People,

I'm using UD4 and IIS 5 on W2K. When I have open a file wich uses a requests out of a Access2000-Database then I can not use this file via the Browser. Worst of all, it is not enough to close this file, I even have to close UDev. When I do so, then it works. Otherwards I receive those 80004005 Errors "Database is in use..."
Any Idea how to stop this???
I tried all of the stuff which Macromedia tells on their Supportsite!

Thanks Tom
</font id='Arial Black'>

Replies

Replied 15 Jun 2001 23:24:02
15 Jun 2001 23:24:02 Dave Joosten replied:
Hello Tom,

I know this problem and i found how to fix it as well. What you need to do is have twice the same exact database, one local, one remote. The one local you may edit using Access 2000, the other one, i recommend not do open it because once you open a table you will be considered Updating/Changing it and it will lock for any users trying to search the website you build using that database. So this way you will have less problems with it. Now if you have the problem occuring the most simple way to get it unlocked is first to check that nobody is actually in the database using Access 2000, another thing that you might check is the security permissions you set for the directory of your databases. If that still doesn't fix the problem you can overwrite the database with a copy of it and that should always unlock it. So make sure you got a database copy somewhere on your local workstation that isn't been used, ofcourse this sure isn't fun and is a last resource. I strongly suggest you look into the security issue and also the local/remote issue i explained. Please let me know if it did solve your problem, and if you would need more assistance, well ill be here

Have a good one,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Arial Black'>Hi People,

I'm using UD4 and IIS 5 on W2K. When I have open a file wich uses a requests out of a Access2000-Database then I can not use this file via the Browser. Worst of all, it is not enough to close this file, I even have to close UDev. When I do so, then it works. Otherwards I receive those 80004005 Errors "Database is in use..."
Any Idea how to stop this???
I tried all of the stuff which Macromedia tells on their Supportsite!

Thanks Tom
</font id='Arial Black'>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Dave Joosten
Replied 17 Jun 2001 02:28:57
17 Jun 2001 02:28:57 Tom Ka replied:
<font face='Arial'>Hi Dave,

thanks for reply. Of course this helps, because I was mot sure if I just have a bad configuration on my machine. I didn't know that I just can overwrite the file with a copy of it to unlock it. Thats much better than closing Udev and all of its files. So I can write a little batch file and place it on the quickbar.
Thank you very much again!
Tom</font id='Arial'>
Replied 18 Jun 2001 19:46:14
18 Jun 2001 19:46:14 Dave Joosten replied:
Hello Tom,

Happy to hear i could help you fixing the problem. I'm trying this week some more things so that these issues aren't a factor anymore and ill keep you and all the others that are reading up-to-date

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Arial'>Hi Dave,

thanks for reply. Of course this helps, because I was mot sure if I just have a bad configuration on my machine. I didn't know that I just can overwrite the file with a copy of it to unlock it. Thats much better than closing Udev and all of its files. So I can write a little batch file and place it on the quickbar.
Thank you very much again!
Tom</font id='Arial'>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Dave Joosten

Reply to this topic