Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

DW8 - PHP connection

Posted 05 Dec 2005 17:46:53
has voted
05 Dec 2005 17:46:53 Bernard Davis posted:
Hi,
I have a site that uses PHP/MySQL. It works fine. I can use DW8 to upload to this site with FTP and again this works fine.

However, I cannot use DW8 to connect to the database on the site so that for example, when I am setting up a new page in DW8, I can view the tables, fields etc on the remote site. I have had to create the pages on a different machine, with IIS rnning as localhost and then copy the files across and upload them.

My IT expert who administers the server says it is probably due to a protocol being blocked on the server and she is willing to remove the block if I can tell her which protocol.

Needless to say I have no idea. Can anyone help please?

Regards,
Bernard D

Regards
Bernard Davis

Replies

Replied 08 Dec 2005 18:51:36
08 Dec 2005 18:51:36 stu h replied:
well mysql runs on port 3306 so as long as that is not blocked at the server end by a firewall then it shouldn't matter what webserver you are running on your localhost. However if i were you or the host I don't think I would want to open up mysql to external connections due to the security implications of doing so.

Much better to run a mysql/phpmyadmin setup on your local end that allows you to test to your hearts content before doing a db dump and uploading the database and code to the server

Edited by - stu_h on 08 Dec 2005 19:13:02
Replied 12 Dec 2005 12:32:00
12 Dec 2005 12:32:00 Jacques H replied:
I had a similar problem being caused by DW8 sometimes having trouble with underscore in tablenames.
Try this:
Download _mmServerScripts
In mysql.php change line 138 in
$sql = ' SHOW TABLES FROM ' . '`'.$table_name.'`';

Reply to this topic