Forums

This topic is locked

Canview in live data - not in browser???

Posted 14 Jun 2001 01:48:02
has voted
14 Jun 2001 01:48:02 siona bastable posted:
A newbie working through The Complete Reference e-commerce tutorial.
Can view Products page in Live data not in browser - keeps sending me to
error.asp page. Have doublechecked code (see page 775 in book) but can't
figure out what I'm doing wrong. Using IIS5. Any ideas? HELP!!!!

Siona Bastable

Replies

Replied 14 Jun 2001 18:35:48
14 Jun 2001 18:35:48 Dave Joosten replied:
Hello Siona,

When you defined your site in UD did you use all the correct addresses for the local and the remote site ? When you open your browser and go to the address (URL) you defined in IIS and you used in UD to put your ASP pages, can you access it ? Please check this and let me know what you find. Sorry i can't help more but if you supply me some more details i would be able to help you out more

Good luck,
Dave

Dave Joosten
Replied 15 Jun 2001 11:46:41
15 Jun 2001 11:46:41 siona bastable replied:
Dear Djoosten,

Thanks for responding. I had asked this question on other forums without any luck and eventually emailed the authors of the book. Tom Muck kindly took a look at the key pages involved and it turns out that I needed to remove the session variables from the Success page to make the products page work in browser view. I misread the instructions for the code inputs for the Success page. As usual it is simple user error I had to deal with!

Thanks for your help though. Being a NetObjects Fusion former user, the learning curve on terminology, etc. with UD4 (and especially the VBScript coding) is pretty steep, but I'm determined!

Siona

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello Siona,

When you defined your site in UD did you use all the correct addresses for the local and the remote site ? When you open your browser and go to the address (URL) you defined in IIS and you used in UD to put your ASP pages, can you access it ? Please check this and let me know what you find. Sorry i can't help more but if you supply me some more details i would be able to help you out more

Good luck,
Dave

Dave Joosten

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic