Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

integrating php photo gallery into my site

Posted 14 Mar 2005 04:31:03
has voted
14 Mar 2005 04:31:03 Andrew Ross posted:
I have found lots of posts on this site regarding image galleries, but none of them seem to apply to my needs.

I run a web site for photographers and using dreamweaver I have created a php/mysql directory that is searchable by location and specialities such as portraits, sports, weddings, etc. The search results are returned as listings containing contact details and one thumbnail image. I currently create and manage all listings myself based on member details submitted by forms.

I would like to expand this directory to include member photo galleries containing thumbnails and full-size images that can be accessed by clicking on a link in the main results page. I would also like the galleries to be maintained by the members themselves through password protected admin pages. Ideally, these admin pages would use the same usernames and passwords that the members use in our Ikonboard discussion forums. My Ikonboard uses mysql so I'm hoping there is a way to integrate the usernames and passwords.

I'm a photographer and not a programmer, but I can usually figure things out with some guidance. And that's what I'm looking for here. Can anyone point me in the right direction for any ready made gallery applications, tutorials, or other solutions that might suit my needs and integrate into my current directory? I have looked at all the usual suspects, such as Coppermine, but they don't look like they will integrate into my current directory and database.

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Andrew

Reply to this topic