Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

AOL Issues with my sites

Posted 27 Jan 2005 15:36:57
has voted
27 Jan 2005 15:36:57 Heather Goff posted:
I have a puzzle. I design sites that are both php/mysql driven as well as straight html sites. I have received reports from two clients that people are having trouble accessing their sites using AOL. Other browsers work fine. With AOL they get a message:
"Web Site Not Responding
The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server.
Please try again by clicking the Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time.
502 Connection Hangup "
This is happening mostly on a real estate site - and only on the listing sheet page which is passed the property ID in the URL. (vineyardrealtor.com/) I first thought it was a caching issue with AOL so I put "No Cache" meta tags into the pages. But that didn't seem to cure the problem.
Has anyone else had trouble with AOL browsers choking on their sites? Does anyone have any ideas what may be effecting the AOL browser that doesn't effect any of the other browsers? I am very stumped. Any insights are welcome. THANKS!

Replies

Replied 27 Jan 2005 19:16:38
27 Jan 2005 19:16:38 Chris Charlton replied:
First question(s):
<ul><li>Have you deciphered what version(s) of AOL are messing up?</li><li>AOL on Windows I assume? (Mac?)</li></ul>
Replied 27 Jan 2005 19:38:12
27 Jan 2005 19:38:12 Heather Goff replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
First question(s):
<ul><li>Have you deciphered what version(s) of AOL are messing up?</li><li>AOL on Windows I assume? (Mac?)</li></ul>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
This has happened with various users. I know that one of them uses AOL 9.0, and I think they are all on Windows. I'll try to find out more specifics.
Replied 06 Feb 2005 18:35:32
06 Feb 2005 18:35:32 Heather Goff replied:
It appears that the people having trouble are using AOL 9.0.
The server that hosts my sites rebuilt apache and added Expires Module for apache ( something proxy servers and caching servers need?)
However that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Reply to this topic