Forums

This topic is locked

Printable Forms

Posted 05 Jun 2001 11:59:06
has voted
05 Jun 2001 11:59:06 Jacques Roux posted:
I would like users to customise and print forms and contracts from our UD Web Site. Please can you advise me how to do this. At the moment all forms are in MS Word format and they do open on the Browser. Perhaps there is a more user friendly way of doing this. I also don't want the forms to have the reference to our Web Site printed on them as this will spoil the look of the document.

Replies

Replied 07 Jun 2001 12:42:16
07 Jun 2001 12:42:16 Waldo Smeets replied:
I don't really understand what you want to do, and what I understand does not seem to be possible.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
------------------------------------------
Replied 12 Jun 2001 17:24:50
12 Jun 2001 17:24:50 Dave Joosten replied:
Simple What i would do is when you got the Form or Contract with all the blabla around it you dont want to have on the printed version you simply add a link on the page that opens a new page where you put the same results but unique and perfect for printing ! Ofcourse you can't change your address, since that's not something you can change. This is an option the user does in his print settings.

Dave Joosten
Replied 12 Jun 2001 17:40:54
12 Jun 2001 17:40:54 Jay Blanchard replied:
You said that you want them to be able to customize the form...how? MSWord docs will only open in the MSIE browser (and would be slow over most modem connections, as MSWord docs tend to be a little 'heavy'), so you would be cutting out Netscape users unless the form was downloadable. But downloading takes the ability to customize the form online away.

Reply to this topic