Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

DW MX and PHP mail?

Posted 17 May 2004 06:33:09
has voted
17 May 2004 06:33:09 David Raleigh posted:
Hello once again everyone,

Geez... I could be kicking myself in the butt right now.

I do somewhat apologize for any seemingly & completely ignorant posts in the past. LMAO...

All this time, I have been all concerned & busting my rear to learn php & some java & some Perl simply to get some forms running (which is not at all bad, of course, & I'm glad I know what little bit that I do) when just about everything I've wanted to do has basically been right at my fingertips in Dreamweaver MX through server behaviors & data bindings, etc. Duhhh...geezus! Took me a little while to figure that out!! (Great book: SAMS *Teach Yourself Dreamweaver MX Application Development in 21 Days*)

I am a bit confused at this point though.

I have a nice form working in TFMail...I finally got that working & everything looks pretty good - but it doesn't insert anything into mySQL.

I have a nice form that is created dynamically in Dreamweaver...basically the same form as the TF form. It looks good & works great as well - but it doesn't email me a copy of the submitted data from the form.

Is it easier to create a php script to e-mail me the dynamically created DW form??

Or is it easier to create a mySQL string that inserts the data from the TFMail form into my database table?

Or...am I talking about a 6 of one & half-dozen of the other?

Also, is there any easy way to do this??

Thanks much for any suggestions or help,

Humble Dude

Replies

Replied 18 May 2004 01:28:44
18 May 2004 01:28:44 Phil Shevlin replied:
Are you trying to insert data into a MySQL database and at the same time email that same data to someone? Just need clarification here...
Replied 18 May 2004 01:40:19
18 May 2004 01:40:19 Dave Adams replied:
Yeah...it's me, Humble Dude. Board won't let me login with my username for some reason???

Anyway...yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do.
Replied 19 May 2004 02:23:17
19 May 2004 02:23:17 Dean Blackborough replied:
Just insert the following near the end of the insert conditional.

$headers = "From: ";
$email = $email;
$body = "Message here";
mail ($email, 'Subject Here.', $body, $headers);

The body can contain all the info on your form easily enough, just build it up with all the form data.

--------------------------------------
www.galleryof3d.com
(PHP and MySQL)

Reply to this topic