Forums

This topic is locked

Uploading images

Posted 01 Jun 2001 12:12:31
has voted
01 Jun 2001 12:12:31 Paul Ashcroft posted:
I am using the pure asp upload extension to attempt to upload data into a database (text fields and images) and then also dipslay this on a webpage. It is basically for an admin section of a website where the user can ad/edit records in the database. When I try to use the upload extension though it either deletes from the database instead of storing the information or I get numerous errors.

Any ideas/sample code on how I can do the above? I would be most grateful,
Cheers

Replies

Replied 01 Jun 2001 20:25:13
01 Jun 2001 20:25:13 Geoff Schreiber replied:
Did you follow through the PureASPUpload tutorial available on this site? The tutorial will take you through step by step, and it works on the first time... If you still get errors, post them here, and I'll try to help you out...

Replied 14 Jun 2001 12:25:38
14 Jun 2001 12:25:38 ltom ltom replied:
THAT JUST upload IMAGES IN A directory ,I want insert the images in webpage, how to i do?

thands

Replied 19 Jun 2001 04:02:17
19 Jun 2001 04:02:17 suhail kaleem replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
THAT JUST upload IMAGES IN A directory ,I want insert the images in webpage, how to i do?

thands

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

first upload images to a dir - then make record set and put dynamic images in your pages . simple and easy !

Replied 19 Jun 2001 04:52:38
19 Jun 2001 04:52:38 ltom ltom replied:
can you say in detail?

Replied 19 Jun 2001 05:06:52
19 Jun 2001 05:06:52 suhail kaleem replied:
ok !

first upload images to a dir using the pure asp upload example in this website - when you are done with this. then

make a record set in a page (containing the table of ur upload images and text) .where u want to put the images . then ...

in the add a image in your webpage giving the images the path to the datasource of ur recordset of the table (containg the images)

add a repeat region or random behav or what ever u want to do to it .

summary , 1: upload images to a dir

2:make a recordset in the required page .

3: add images giving the the path to your images coloum.

see how simple and easy it is .

if u still dont get the point i will be happy to help u again.

suhailkaleem

Replied 21 Jun 2001 09:29:49
21 Jun 2001 09:29:49 Azlina Salmin replied:
To suhailkaleem /schreibG or anyone that can help...

I've tried using PureASPUpload but unfortunately i received an error message that is like below...
" ASP 0177:800401f3
server.createObject Failed

and this msg refer to
--&gt;Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream"

Can anyone help....!!! Plz...
Replied 04 Jul 2001 13:01:37
04 Jul 2001 13:01:37 chachus ramos replied:
hello i want to ask something about this too

I have been using pureasp to upload the images in a directory saving them as a unique file name in the database, later i wanted to add this to the page, but i have this problem, the recordset that i have to create should get the value of other recordset because the first one is to make a repeated region of products, and each product has it´s own image, but when i try to get the value of the first recordset nothing happen and always the same image is show in every product, the image refer to the first product display in the repeated region, i think i have to use nested repeated region but is not so easy.
Could you tell me how to get the value of the first recordset ?

Reply to this topic