Forums

This topic is locked

DSN - less connection - painful on Linux

Posted 26 May 2001 05:32:05
has voted
26 May 2001 05:32:05 Steve Davis posted:
Hey everyone,

I am using DSN-less connection on a Linux box. If only UD ran under Linux...sigh...

UD insists on using a relative link to the include file in the "Connections" folder, however, ChiliSoft doesn't like "../" in front of an include.

I can solve the problem by replacing the "include" with the actual connection string, but that breaks UD's Data Binding and is a pain when changing anything using behaviours or some extensions.

Another solution is to pretend the include file is in the same directory and create a symbolic link to the real location, but that means having the symlink in every directory - kind of ugly.

Anyone else come across this problem and how have you solved it?

Steve

Me? I can't even spell ASP!

Replies

Replied 28 May 2001 17:12:41
28 May 2001 17:12:41 Tim Green replied:
Under PHP I can set the base directory for all included documents. Then when I refer to an included file I just use the filename. The base directory gets added to this transparently and there is no problem.

Can you do this under ChilliSoft ASP ? Maybe this would resolve your problem.

Have you tried Apache::ASP (it's free and Open Source), if you're using JavaScript as the scripting language it will make little difference to you. However, it won't work with VBScript.

Reply to this topic