Forums

This topic is locked

MS Access and MySQL

Posted 17 Nov 2003 12:26:31
has voted
17 Nov 2003 12:26:31 Janusz Jasinski posted:
Hi - this may not be a full list, but worth going with for now:

From MySQL (Web DB) to MS Access (Office System):

* Details of every client order. This will include client information and details of the order. Essentially, it needs to work just like a customer phoning their order. Once the order has been entered on the access system, all the other stages (such as shipping, stock changes etc) are only on the access system
* Payment info - if credit card, then there needs to be a link to the ssl relevant area for the order.

From MS Access (Office System) to MySQL (Web DB):

* All stock info (products, descriptions, stock levels, prices, availability etc)
* Customer info. Customers will (either now orin the future) be able to log in, and not have to re-key their details. These details need to be stored in the primary db (the access system) but also on the web system

I think that's about it.

The main issue is that the company should never have to do anything to the web system. All their work should be on the office access system, irrespective of how the order came in.

Is there any way of setting up such a system? I've read about using MS Access along with MySQL via ODBC drivers, but would like to know if there is a good tutorial/guide I can follow on solving the above?

Many thanks,

Janusz

======================
janusz.monkey-it.co.uk
www.xlibris.co.uk

ASP | VBScript | IIS 5.1 | Windows XP Pro | Linux Redhat 9 | SuSE 9 Pro | Linux FreeBSD 4.9 | PHP 5.0.0 Beta 2 | MySQL 4.0 | Apache 2.0.48 | Macromedia Studio w/t Flash 2004 | Microsoft Office Pro 2003 | Mozilla Firebird 0.7 | IE 6 | B.O.R.E.D @ HoMe

Reply to this topic