Forums

This topic is locked

Problem MySQL, PHP and DWMX2004 connection

Posted 10 Nov 2003 20:40:20
has voted
10 Nov 2003 20:40:20 Matt Bristow posted:
Firstly sorry if this has been answered in another post. However i have spent some time looking around this forum and many others for a solution. I have tried more than I can remember over the last few days and none seem to work.

OK heres the set up and problem:

DWMX2004 is installed on an XP machine

The webserver is installed (and working) on a Mac running:
MySQL 3.23.32 (all accounts have been set up properly with passwords and security levels as well),
PHP 4.0.5 again tested and confirmed to be installed correctly as it serves up pages OK
OS X 10.1.2 is installed on the localhost
phpMyAdmin 2.5.4 is also installed and works without a hitch as well.

The reason for this is we do much more asp dev work and my desktop runs an IIS and an SQL installation which I cannot disable.

Both boxes sit on a network and the XP box can FTP both read and write to the OS X box no problem. using Cute Pro and DWMX2004

All is as it should be up to now.

I create a new site in DWMX and add all the relevant ftp details and test server clicking test gets the expected response. All the _mmServerScripts are written to the server. Then comes the problem....

Go to add the MySQL connection:

MySQL server = localhost
Username = XXXXXXXXX
Password = XXXXXXXX
(set to user that has complete access from any domain)

I then click on Select for the database and get the error 'An unidentified error has occoured.' so knowing the name of the database that I need I add that (a heres one I made earlier thing lol) and everything seems fine apart from when I then go to add anything from the recordset the tables container contains None

I am going completely nuts with this any pointers would greatly be received.

<i></i><i></i>

Replies

Replied 14 Nov 2003 20:41:30
14 Nov 2003 20:41:30 ben wu replied:
I encounter the same error massage 'An unidentified error has occoured.' Anyone can tell what the problem is?
Replied 15 Nov 2003 21:28:58
15 Nov 2003 21:28:58 ben wu replied:
I checked all the configurations and all the modifications don't work, untill I upgrade PHP4.03 to PHP4.3.

Reply to this topic