Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Pure PHP Upload not entirely working

Posted 06 Oct 2003 06:56:40
has voted
06 Oct 2003 06:56:40 Tim Thorburn posted:
Hi,

I just purchased and installed the Pure PHP Upload Bundle and am having some difficulties with it. To begin with, I'm running the trial version of Dreamweaver MX2004 (my boxed upgrade should be here in the morning, or so says UPS anyways).

I've followed the online tutorials for uploading a file along with other field items - which is then supposed to store the name of the uploaded file into a MySQL database. The file will upload to the server where I tell it to, all other fields will enter into the MySQL table - except for the uploaded file name - it remains as NULL.

I'm not certain of what the Type should be for the table field - right now its VARCHAR(255).

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I've been trying for hours now, but am unable to store the file name (I'd love to store both the file name and path) into my table field .. nothing is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

Replied 13 Oct 2003 13:43:59
13 Oct 2003 13:43:59 Patrick Woldberg replied:
This is because Macromedia decided to use different variables in the different versions of Dreamweaver. Change the $_POST to $HTTP_POST_VARS in your document and it should work.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
--------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic