Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Pure PHP upload - more than 1 file per form?

Posted 16 Sep 2003 11:51:18
has voted
16 Sep 2003 11:51:18 Greta Garberini posted:
Hi,
I need to upload a picture AND a pdf file in one form. So, I created two file fields with different names and tried to apply the pure upload behaviour. But whenever I mark the field for the picture upload, it changes the parameters from the pdf field as well and vice versa.
Is there any way of putting two files in one form? I really don't like the idea of putting more than one "submit" button on the insert page.

Thank you
Reinhard

Replies

Replied 16 Sep 2003 12:13:15
16 Sep 2003 12:13:15 Martha Graham replied:
You can upload more than one file from one form. You only need to apply the Pure PHP Upload extension once. Please select the option to allow upload of all files.

Martha Graham
DMXzone manager
Replied 16 Sep 2003 13:05:14
16 Sep 2003 13:05:14 Greta Garberini replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You can upload more than one file from one form. You only need to apply the Pure PHP Upload extension once. Please select the option to allow upload of all files.

Martha Graham
DMXzone manager
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 16 Sep 2003 13:27:55
16 Sep 2003 13:27:55 Greta Garberini replied:
Thankyou for the quick reply.
It does not work, though til now.
THis is the code:

&lt;td valign="middle"&gt;&lt;input name="picture" type="file" id="picture" onChange="checkOneFileUpload(this,'',false,2000,'','','','','','')" size="48" maxlength="60"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;input name="pdf" type="file" id="pdf" onChange="checkOneFileUpload(this,'',false,2000,'','','','','','')" size="48" maxlength="60"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;

As you can see, the onChange event shows the same parameters for both fields. This is not adviseable because a picture file size differs from a pdf. And of course, I would like to limit the pixel width and height of the picture and not for the pdf file.

Any idea?

Thank you
Replied 16 Sep 2003 14:04:03
16 Sep 2003 14:04:03 Dean Blackborough replied:
As far as I know at present PHPUpload is not able to store different sizes/settings for multiple uploads. Also it is not able to upload several files to multiple directories using the same form.

Apparently it is being worked on for a future update addon, as is the ability to store the filename preceded by a dynamic directory name rather then filename/full path only. This may have already been changed as I haven't actually used the extension fior quite a few months.

Both were mentioned in the PHPUpload forum a little while ago.

--------------------------------------
www.galleryof3d.com
(PHP and MySQL)

Reply to this topic