Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHP Upload Not Working Correctly

Posted 30 Aug 2003 07:24:47
has voted
30 Aug 2003 07:24:47 Jeremy Palmer posted:
I get the following error when I try to upload files.

An error has occured saving uploaded file!

Filename: name_of_file.jpg
File is not uploaded correctly or is empty.
Please correct and try again
Warning: unlink() failed (No such file or directory) in /directory_path/ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.php on line 378

I checked the chmod values for the file upload folder, and they are set to 777, which is as loose as it gets.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong? Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Replies

Replied 30 Aug 2003 08:13:14
30 Aug 2003 08:13:14 Jeremy Palmer replied:
An interesting side note, this problem only seems to be effecting .jpg files. Every other file type works fine. I removed all restrictions, so the upload should accept any file type, but no luck. I also tried jpg's of various sizes ranging from 1-2k through 100-200k but no success. Hopefully someone has seen this before.
Replied 01 Sep 2003 10:33:26
01 Sep 2003 10:33:26 Patrick Woldberg replied:
This is very strange, especialy because other filetypes works fine.

The error occurs when the file isn't uploaded or is 0 bytes, it checks if the temporary file which is uploaded by HTTP POST is there and generates this error if not.

You may send me the script to test to ensure it is not something in the script. It must be something with the settings of the server but I find it strange it is only with jpg.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 23 Jul 2006 19:36:15
23 Jul 2006 19:36:15 A D replied:
Having the same issue only w/MP3 files .. any update or info about this? I've been waiting over a week now .. really need some help.

Reply to this topic