Forums

This topic is locked

Live Data Preview

Posted 18 May 2001 22:16:25
has voted
18 May 2001 22:16:25 spencer mr. posted:
I know this is a shot in the dark, but I've reached the end of my sensibilities. I've recently installed Ultradev running on top of my W2k platform. I'm trying to preview my .asp pages w/ the use of the Preview Live Data feature within Dreamweaver but for some reason, the IIS service won't start and I can't. Event viewer gives me this error:

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following error:
The authentication service is unknown.

I've uninstalled IIS and reinstalled it to no avail. The problem seemed to arrise after I installed Personal Web Server (by accident when I was installing Front Page)...

Can you help???

Replies

Replied 19 May 2001 10:54:45
19 May 2001 10:54:45 Viktor Farcic replied:
If you have IIS you don't need PWS.

P.S. Remove Front Page, it's usless piece of junk.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I know this is a shot in the dark, but I've reached the end of my sensibilities. I've recently installed Ultradev running on top of my W2k platform. I'm trying to preview my .asp pages w/ the use of the Preview Live Data feature within Dreamweaver but for some reason, the IIS service won't start and I can't. Event viewer gives me this error:

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following error:
The authentication service is unknown.

I've uninstalled IIS and reinstalled it to no avail. The problem seemed to arrise after I installed Personal Web Server (by accident when I was installing Front Page)...

Can you help???

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 21 May 2001 23:30:38
21 May 2001 23:30:38 spencer mr. replied:
Thanks but I've already uninstalled PWS a long time ago. I've also reinstalled win 2k pro, and uninstalled and reinstalled IIS to no avail. The error msg is still the same; The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following error:The authentication service is unknown.

Reply to this topic