Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Non-Programmer Desperately Seeking PHP/SQL Help!!!

Posted 30 May 2003 21:44:50
has voted
30 May 2003 21:44:50 Nicky Nelson posted:
I am trying to create a Log in page in Dreamweaver user User Authentication (which I downloaded from Felixone). I have created a table in MySql on the Hosts Server and have the PHP script as supplied by them which I have inserted into my html. The Login in page has a .php extension. But whenever I attempt to attach the Login Server Behaviour I get the error message:
"Unable to retrieve tables from this connection. Open the connections dialog to test this connection"

I know the connections is correct because I have checked it.

Can anyone out there help???? Please bear in mind, I don't speak Programming.

Thanks in Anticipation

Replies

Replied 30 May 2003 23:54:44
30 May 2003 23:54:44 Charles Johnson replied:
I'm not an expert or anything, but maybe I can help.

Do you see the recordsets in the bindings box?

Replied 01 Jun 2003 09:09:05
01 Jun 2003 09:09:05 Nicky Nelson replied:
I have tried to create a Recordset, but it tells me that I have no tables. However, I have just been informed by Netfirms (the host), after days and days of 'speaking' to them about this problem, that they do not allow people to use any scripts that require 'sockets'. I have no idea what they are, or if Dreamweaver would be included in this! Any ideas?
Thanks
Replied 02 Jun 2003 12:38:42
02 Jun 2003 12:38:42 Michael O'Neill replied:
Hi, don't know about the sockets. You need to make sure that the HOST, DATABASE, USERNAME & PASSWORD details are all 100% correct in Ultradev / MX or you end up with probs like the ones you are getting.

BTW a lot of the hosting firms suffer from microsoftitus, the symptoms of the disease generally include the inability to help with anything other than ASP and the like!!

Mike
Replied 02 Jun 2003 22:16:32
02 Jun 2003 22:16:32 Nicky Nelson replied:
Thanks for the replies guys, I gave up the ghost and used UMA instead! All is working fine and dandy now!

Reply to this topic