Forums

This topic is locked

updating records (initial value + new value)

Posted 16 May 2001 14:03:37
has voted
16 May 2001 14:03:37 Marcellino Bommezijn posted:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to update a field in a database that adds up with the initial value (example: current value = 10 and with a update form i want to add the value 7; the column should the be updated to the value of 17). I don't know how to alter the update SQL statement that Ultradev creates with the update command, so that this will work.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Replies

Replied 18 May 2001 17:07:37
18 May 2001 17:07:37 Viktor Farcic replied:
I did similar thing with hidden field. Put value of HF to value from DB + value you want. In Update Record behavior update DB with value from HF.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to update a field in a database that adds up with the initial value (example: current value = 10 and with a update form i want to add the value 7; the column should the be updated to the value of 17). I don't know how to alter the update SQL statement that Ultradev creates with the update command, so that this will work.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic