Forums

This topic is locked

copy and paste problem with asp upload

Posted 08 May 2003 16:03:32
has voted
08 May 2003 16:03:32 euan green posted:
Hi,
I have spent most of the day narrowing down this problem and will try to explain it as clearly as possible.

When submitting a form with a text area, WITHOUT asp upload, It an copy and paste text from MS Word, that includes characters such as ' . It uploads no problem. However, if I have asp upload installed, and want to upload the same text in exactly the same field it seems to to duplicate all the entries and adds commas to all entries that should be a null value. this ccauses the new entry to be totally unuseable.

I can show you an example if this isn't clear. But try it yourself. Have a simple form with a text area field and a file input field. Run the form without the ASPUplaod on the page, and copy and paste a bit of text from word that has an apostrophe in it. Submit the form and it should work fine. Now insert the ASPUPload behaviour and do the same, you don;t even have to sleect an image, just copy the same text from word into the texta rea, submit, and no you'll see the text has been duplicted. If you have other fields that were blank they'll all have a 'comma' in them instead of nothing.

I think it is an Internet Explorer/ AspUpload thing. I can do this fine running IE6.0 but these problems occur in IE5.0. My client has 5.0 and cannot/won;t change to 6.0.

I really need some help on this , If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Euan

Reply to this topic